Lion Cubs are an exciting introduction to the Scouting program for Kindergarten boys (or 5 years old) who are excited to get going! 2018 will be the first year Pack 121 will have a Lion Den. Cubs do stuff – lots of stuff – with their adult partners. This program is intended to open up the world to inquisitive minds along with the caring guidance of adults. The first steps along the Boy Scout Trail are laid here and every rank advancement through the scouting program builds on the basic categories of activity done as tigers. For more information about joining Lion Cubs, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Join:
- Go to BeAScout.org
- Click the ‘Cub Scouts’ tab.
- Enter your zipcode and click the arrow button.
- Click on a Pack near you to see its contact info so you can call the Pack or your local Council about joining.
- Complete a BSA Youth Application and Health Record and give them to the Cubmaster of the Pack you choose.
The Lion Cub program runs on two levels. The scout and his adult partner meet weekly to do activities centered around the family. Then, the scout and adult partner meet with the rest of the Lion den to fulfill den activities and requirements.
A little Lion Trivia:
- The Lion program was piloted in the starting in 2016 year. Now all packs may have Lion Dens.
- The Lion uniform is the Lion T-shirt, hat and belt.