Each year Pack 121 goes on an least two camping trips. In the Fall, we travel to a Georgia park to camp together. In the spring, we participate in the Atlanta Area Foothills District Family Camping event with other Foothills District Cub packs. Family Camping is held at Atlanta Area Council’s Burt Adams Scout Camp.
Pack 121 also participates in the Atlanta Area Council Summer Activities. Foothills District hosts a week long day camp that is usually held at a local church. There are also overnight opportunities at the Council Camp properties.
In the past, older Cubs also have additional opportinities. In the past groups have camped at Cumberland Island, on the USS Yorktown, and attended Space Camp in Huntsville, Alabama.
Personal Camping Equipment
If you have any questions about what gear you need, other families can help you figure it out!
- Items in Bold are required:
- Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Pad
- Mess kit and utensils
- Canteen or water bottle
- Class A Uniform for flag ceremonies
- Class B Uniform for Saturday
- At least one change of clothes
- Bug spray
- Jacket or Sweatshirt (it will be chilly at night)
- Extra shoes and socks
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, soap and hand towel
- Flashlight or headlamp with extra batteries
- Rain gear
- Camp chair for each attendee
- Coat, hat and gloves for cold weather camping
- Optional Items
- Frisbee/ball/board games/cards
- Bible/prayer book
- Fishing Rod and tackle box
- Coffee cup
- Ear Plugs
- Glow Sticks